Find your next role at Legal & General
Financial Crime Analyst - Central Screening Function
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
23 April 2021
We are currently hiring a Financial Crime Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be review screening alerts to identify business relationships with a Sanctioned Individual, individuals convicted of a Financial Crime or a Politically Exposed Person (PEP). You will also support investigations completed by the Financial Crime Consultants within Legal & General.
- Reviewing Sanction, Terrorism, PEP and Enforcement generated alerts to identify confirmed matches.
- Reviewing Legal & General systems, available data and investigative tools to assist Financial Crime Consultants with their investigations into Internal Referrals of suspicion and Law Enforcement enquiries.
- Assisting in the production of reports suitable for senior management and external bodies, including FCA, Action Fraud and the National Crime Agency (NCA).
- Supporting the Group Financial Crime Director in delivering an efficient and effective Financial Crime risk management framework.
- Providing accurate and beneficial advice and guidance relating to regulatory, anti-money laundering and Financial Crime matters to business areas and staff. Ensuring relevant legislation and industry guidance is referred to where required.
- Producing clear and to-the-point management information for various groups, committees and team meetings.
- Sufficient commercial perspective and overall knowledge of business sectors in which Legal & General operates and the Legal & General entities involved.
- Working knowledge of UK, EU & Global fraud and money laundering legislation
- Knowledge of investigation principles and practice in order to provide authoritative guidance to investigators.
- Understanding of Sanction and PEP requirements for UK entities.
- Understanding and experience of UK criminal law and its application to Financial Crime
- Understanding of UK regulatory framework
- High attention to detail and ability to work effectively, both individually and within a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach while contributing to the development and implementation of a comprehensive Financial Crime Risk framework.
- Ability to analyse data within Excel using pivot tables and Vlookup. Demonstrates the ability to interrogate systems and extract data for the compilation of investigation reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure high quality delivery of management information and presentations in meetings and other forums
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.