Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Home based (United Kingdom)
£30,000 - £44,000
6 August 2021
The Senior Underwriter will support with assessing information to make Life and Critical Illness decisions. You'll be an experienced Life Insurance/Medical Underwriter.
- Accurately assess and document life and disability risks and decide which terms, if any, can be offered
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to all our customer requirements in an efficient and professional manner to provide exceptional customer experience
- Participate in or lead projects, which enhance the underwriting process and improve our systems and commercial viability, including instigating such projects, using own initiative, expertise and business awareness
- Ensure appropriate management information is captured and maintained as required
- Provide technical support to peers and colleagues through checking, mentoring and coaching
- Ensure requests for information are appropriate and commensurate with the risk being assessed.
- Demonstrable success in a Senior Medical, Insurance Underwriting role (essential)
- Thorough understanding of financial underwriting gained through training and development
- An understanding of the end to end process of protection products
- Understanding and knowledge of legislations and regulatory issues, including updates, affecting the area
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.