Find your next role at Legal & General
Payroll Services Consultant
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
28 May 2021
We are hiring a Payroll Services Consultant to complete the smooth transition of pensioner payroll to Legal & General from the previous payers, payroll alterations and buy-in payment reconciliations ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Loading immediate annuitant schemes and amendments on to the pensioner periodic payment system via the mainframe or P60, as appropriate.
- Managing buy-in payments, including those loaded to ALPS and those calculated on spreadsheets, making sure all payments and true up calculations are completed accurately and within the agreed timescales.
- Providing ongoing support to brokers, scheme Trustees and individual members for large or complex schemes.
- Ensuring that benefits loaded to systems and buy in payments made match those detailed in the benefit specification.
- Taking responsibility for testing and documenting all processes to ensure that all are appropriate and consistent.
- Ensuring all internal customers and any relevant third parties are kept updated in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring all processes are created in the most efficient method to allow a full audit trail.
- Understanding of defined benefit pension schemes is highly beneficial.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Clear communication
- Confident working with data (in Excel) and using a range of functions.
- The ability to prioritise own work having a regard for Team and business area needs.
- Proven ability to plan realistically and organise across tasks/projects, achieving deadlines as directed.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.