Find your next role at Legal & General
Change Accountant (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
FTC - Extension
Home based (United Kingdom)
up to £40,000 (pro rata)
26 February 2021
The Change Accountants will be responsible for delivering an L&G Group-wide project to deliver a new consolidation platform within the LGIM (Legal & General Investment Management) business.
- Supporting a significant change project within tight timeframes, ensuring the effective delivery of an L&G Group wide new consolidation platform ‘One-Stream’ for the LGIM business
- Supporting the wider L&G Financial Reporting & Control team to ensure the new platform is embedded within the wider team, with particular emphasis on creating new consolidation units to reflect each of LGIM’s UK and overseas based entities.
- Liaising with the ‘One-Stream’ project team on a weekly/daily basis to ensure that the new chart of accounts is accurate, that issues are addressed on a timely basis and the trajectory of the project is effectively monitored to ensure that it is delivered within deadlines
- Assisting in BAU requirements if required which will include the preparation of monthly and quarterly BAU reporting for an Investment Management business and supporting the team’s financial control procedures.
- Fully qualified accountant (essential)
- Experience assembling and interpreting financial reports
- Some experience of financial systems
- Some knowledge of the Financial Services industry and/or the regulatory environment (beneficial)
- Experience of operating in a robust financial control environment (beneficial).
- IT skills – you'll be expected to develop knowledge of various systems such as SUN, BI Q&A
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible team player with confidence communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage a variety of different high pressure deliverables concurrently
- Able to work independently to develop and enhance processes and to identify, investigate and resolve issues.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.