- Role Type
- Closing Date
The Finance Analyst will provide analytical support and management information to divisional Finance teams. You'll be reviewing and providing daily and monthly accounting transactions and taking responsibility for the production of financial and tax reconciliations.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related recharge of expenses to legal entities and consolidated expense ledger balance sheet commentary
- Responsible for financial reconciliations and the divisional expense teams balance sheet reconciliation packs
- Assist and deliver analytical support and management information and transaction reports relating to expense ledger related activities, as well as ad hoc requests from the divisional Finance teams
- Responsible for processing expense ledger and fixed asset register maintenance requests and providing support and guidance to the divisional Finance teams
- Undertake monthly audits on the expense ledger chart of accounts and fixed asset register
- Identify and resolve issues and errors found in Finance & Accounting Operations processes
- Maintain procedure notes, process maps, user guides and policy documents ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Fully or part qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA) (essential)
- Relevant experience within Finance/Accounting environment
- Experience in the preparation of reconciliations, financial/tax analysis/reporting
- Experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.