Find your next role at Legal & General
Technical Business Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Agile Worker with travel to Hove and London
30 April 2021
Are you an enthusiastic Technical Business analyst with a passion for bringing ideas from concept to real life and bridging the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
As a Technical Business Analyst you will play an important role in the Group Finance IT (GFIT) function by utilising best practice assessment, analysis and design techniques to solve business requirements, problems and significant incidents, in order to support the IT Portfolio of change.
You will work closely with IT Product Owners, IT Delivery Managers and Developers across the IT Engineering and Delivery Function, colleagues in the Group Change and Delivery, and our core partners such as TCS and IBM, to understand our system landscape, interfaces, Data and Processes, making recommendations for continuous improvement
Key deliverables will include -
- Analysing Business Requirements, challenge and translate into viable Technical / System Specifications that deliver scalable, robust and effective change. Ensuring that Functional / Non Functional and Security criteria are adequately addressed.
- Developing IT Models and artefacts for defining the current and future state of GFIT systems, identifying gaps, opportunities, risks and impacts. Providing options and supporting wider GFIT technical teams to achieve the most appropriate solution
- Demonstrating the use of best-practice system analysis tools and techniques to assess fitness for purpose, feasibility and modes of failure through “root cause analysis”.
- Understanding the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and following defined processes, ensuring the appropriate levels of quality are maintained. Understanding the importance of thorough requirements gathering, and maintaining traceability throughout the lifetime of the project.
- A background in Finance or Actuarial Systems is desirable
- Good knowledge of systems analysis methodologies and approaches, such as; gap / options analysis, feasibility studies, prototyping, problem identification, process mapping, requirements elicitation etc.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, waterfall and agile approaches is required
- Outstanding systems analysis experience in a technically challenging and diverse environment.
- Good experience of specific systems analysis techniques such as UML, activity diagrams & swim lanes.
- Comfortable engaging with business users, eliciting requirements and exploring functionality to ensure positive outcomes.
- Supporting development of business case and testing across the SDLC.
- Running technically focused workshops to understand systems and usability requirements.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.