Find your next role at Legal & General
Supplier Relationship Manager
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
25 June 2021
We are hiring an experienced Supplier Relationship Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. In this role, you will be responsible for providing, commercial governance and best practice regarding Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) at Legal and General.
You will proactively manage contract performance and identify and deliver additional value into the Legal & General supply chain.
- Monitoring and analysing supplier performance, ensuring that any deviations from performance or the commercial agreement are clearly identified, mitigated and reported to the appropriate forum, including any mitigating factors which may be significant.
- Tracking expenditure for applicable suppliers. Supporting Heads of business units and finance controllers during the budget cycle to ensure appropriate expenditure plans are put in place and financial objectives are met.
- Updating measure and control key performance indicators (KPIs) /or service levels agreements (SLAs) to ensure that the indicators in use are providing internal stakeholders with the visibility needed of the operation.
- Implementing and managing supplier management controls and governance in the context of the relevant policies such as OESS (Outsourcing) and Group Procurement Policy, to ensure risk and financial regulatory frameworks are adhered to.
- Taking the lead in commercial requirements for the business when engaged with the Risk, Legal, and Procurement centres and external suppliers, ensuring that any deviations in any agreements are clearly identified and reported to the appropriate forum
- Supporting and collaborating with other SRMs across Legal & General wider groups engaging with other SRMs and activities such as CSR, Risk and with the GPSM and procurement centres to help drive continuous improvement, best practice and promote rigorous governance throughout supplier relationships and managed in line with Legal & General’s Treating Customers Fairly policy.
Experience of setting up/onboarding and developing supplier contracts and demonstrating continuous improvement
Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills
Awareness of appropriate regulatory requirements in relation to supplier management
Change management experience
Previous experience engaging with and influencing internal and external key stakeholders and peers.
Strong leadership and communication skills
Meticulous attention to detail and commercial dexterity
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.