Find your next role at Legal & General
Home Based with Travel
Competitive Salary Bonus and Benefits
31 May 2021
Are you an experienced Architect with a passion for cloud and change? Are you looking to work on some exciting and market leading projects within the cloud technology space?
We are currently recruiting for a Cloud Solutions Architect to join the team and really drive several projects we are working at the moment
The role will be to Define and maintain cloud strategy for Group Finance. Work with project portfolio to define cloud architecture for end to end technology solutions, to realise the strategy. Ensure that the connectivity, performance, security and resilience of the solution are achieved while conforming to L&G standards. Alignment of solutions to Group Finance IT technology strategy and roadmap -
- Defining and governing the cloud architecture across Group Finance and assigned projects from a design perspective.
- Delivering high quality architecture artefacts that clearly explain the solution and decisions behind them.
- Communicating the architecture, key design decisions and approaches to interested parties, stakeholders, project bodies and relevant governance / assurance forums
- Overseeing solution development including implementation engagement with Solution Delivery and Service Operations as needed. Apply knowledge of good practice and emerging trends to maintain a future ready environment
- Driving the definition and adoption of architectural standards, patterns, and policies.
Cloud architect with bredth of experience of AWS, Azure and SaaS platforms.
Required - demonstrable knowledge of:
- Designing architectural patterns
- Delivering flexible, reliable, supportable and cost effective IT solutions
- Architecture of governance through the use of enterprise architecture artefacts including principles, policies, views, and viewpoints
- Cloud market and trends
- SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
- Cloud connectivity patterns including zero trust network strategies
Knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Finance Systems
- Actuarial Systems
- Insurance industry
- Cloud architecture across projects (£25m+)
- Working closely with development teams to realise the solution
- Working closely with infrastructure governance teams
- Experience of waterfall and agile delivery paradigms
- Proven ability to build successful working relationships and networks, with the ability to develop, and project a positive image of the GFIT and L&G through interpersonal, written and verbal communications to a wide range of audiences
- Broad cloud experience
- Cloud deployment of COTS, Services, as well as custom applications
- Working in regulated industry including FCA, PRA
- Working with multi-supplier delivery and support organisation
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.