Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Change Accountant (FTC)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
14 May 2021
We are hiring a Change Accountant to join our busy Finance team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
You will support the delivery of projects from internally or externally generated change, plus any projects from Group, LGIM, LGR, LGI and any other Business Units impacting the Group Finance function.
- Ensuring all analysis, decisions and activity undertaken in fulfilling of this role considers the fair treatment of our customers.
- Developing finance accounting processes, information flows and data structures, linking to business systems and data, using best practice, research and analysis techniques to exploit financial management efficiencies, business opportunities and achieve strategic goals.
- Defining requirements, specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing high level and detailed accounting models, support testing and implementation of solutions, on behalf of senior FRC Business management to deliver a measurable impact on financial accounting efficiency and controls for the profitability of FRC.
- Assessing internal and external projects across the L&G Group to identify impacts on FRC financial accounting, and aligned processes.
- Identifying, prioritising and delivering key initiatives and projects which address financial issues, and use knowledge and experience to recommend solutions.
- Reviewing and delivering the BAU changes submitted to the FRS OCD team, this includes configuration of Chart of Accounts, report changes and Focus cashbook changes. Ensuring the changes are delivered within the agreed Target Operating Model for the financial accounting ledgers.
- A qualified Accountant
- Understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and key tax legislation in particular, Corporation Tax and VAT.
- Experience of using Finance systems, data to support the achievement of financial and non-financial objectives
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of business and to develop and maintain strong relationships with finance and non-finance individuals.
- Understanding of legislative guidance on the categorisation of business as Life & non-Life for the purpose of reporting and expense accounting.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and principles
- Great understanding of the processes and systems architecture used by the Finance teams and how this fits with business processes and systems architecture.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.