Find your next role at Legal & General
Longevity Risk Actuary
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
6 April 2021
We are hiring a Longevity Risk Actuary to assist with the production and communication of pricing, reporting and capital assumptions for longevity for the UK and International Retirement business.
- Ensuring the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times.
- Ensuring all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Analysis and modelling of longevity risk (primarily annuitant base mortality, mortality trend, and spouse demography), ensuring appropriate controls and processes are in place.
- Developing solutions that are responsive to new information as well as providing long term stability, enabling LGR to meet its financial reporting strategy and manage earnings volatility.
- Developing, maintaining and refining mortality models used within the team.
- Providing mortality support and development for new initiatives across pricing, reporting and capital, as and when required by the business by helping stakeholders define the problem and develop scope of analytical projects, providing useful insight to drive decisions.
- Providing concise, clear and well communicated summaries of all analysis and present these findings to key stakeholders.
- Staying abreast with, and where appropriate contribute to, external longevity risk developments, ensuring that Legal & General’s longevity assumptions remain appropriate.
- Qualified (or nearly qualified) Actuary with broad Life or Pensions experience across pricing, reporting and capital.
- Experience in the specifics of longevity modelling is advantageous
- Longevity experience with specific knowledge of base and trend mortality and common practices.
- Knowledge of the Solvency II framework.
- Practical experience of model development and the application of statistical methodologies.
- Knowledge of governance structures and ability to manage stakeholders.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of coding languages such as R, SAS or Emblem would be advantageous.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.