Employee Communications Manager
- Role Type
- £50,000 - £55,000
- Closing Date
The Employee Communications Manager will own the client side employee engagement communications for Protect clients, leading the development and execution of strategic comms and engagement plans for this new proposition in the market.
- Deliver the strategic employee engagement plans for target clients on a segmented basis, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness are continuously assessed to achieve agreed target engagement rates
- Lead the Employee comms element of the client relationship concerning Protect to ensure the client is engaged, motivated and supportive of the proposition and that the activity delivers for the clients’ needs as well as the employees
- Track, monitor, report and make recommendations on employee campaigns to react to shifts and developing trends
- Support the ongoing development of the Protect proposition to drive incremental market share for the Group Protection business
- Provide appropriate inputs and consulting expertise to support the distribution teams to sell the Protect proposition to the Group Protection market, to support new business being secured and existing business being retained.
- Evidenced delivery of improvements through impactful marketing campaigns or internal comms campaigns in a highly regulated environment (essential)
- Excellent relationship management experience, ideally experience of working with intermediated client relationships
- Ability to articulate a compelling story to capture minds and passion of key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and excellent execution capability, confident with data, to assess performance, identify issues and new value opportunities.
- Some knowledge of marketing methodologies and theories (essential)
- Robust general knowledge of the Group or Retail Protection Market and emerging trends in consumer behaviours (beneficial)
- Extensive up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements for Marketing activity (beneficial)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.