Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Financial Model Developer - 6 month FTC
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
From £70,000 to £80,000
17 May 2021
Looking to drive forward innovative software design through your analysis, modelling and coding experience? We have an incredible opportunity for a Senior Financial Model Developer to join our Business Technology and Transformation team within Legal & General Retirement. You will understand new business requirements, challenge them and shape their final form, resulting in flexible and robust products.
- Providing designs and assisting with the business requirements gathering of risk management analytics functionality
- Making sure analysis and requirements are detailed enough to implement solutions, track changes to requirements and impact analysis to timings and plans
- Leading the steering of requirements for Business Unit what-if requests and action these, suggesting innovative ways to implement model requests
- Owning and driving business analysis of changes to modelling
- Implementing reporting models and tools, and steering internal groups to deriving new pricing/risk management algorithms and approaches
- Helping integration engineers develop customised solutions and modules in a range of development tools
- In order to excel in this role, you will have a technical business analysis background within a financial services organisation
- You will be confident interacting with the business to understand and gather requirements, challenging and influencing colleagues where necessary
- Excellent communication, organisation and relationship management skills are very important
- You will have coded in the past and understand the numerous workflows within coding processes. Being able to translate and link complex technical messages to colleagues across the business is key
- Experience in mathematical modelling and modelling of financial instruments and risk management
- Python experience is a big plus!
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Anastasia Liaisi at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/anastasia-liasi-051044102/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.