Company Secretarial Assistant
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The Company Secreterial Assistant will support in providing a full governance and company secretarial service to Legal & General Group Plc and its subsidiary companies. This is a good introductory role for someone looking to progress their company secretarial career, offering a wide range of experience across the business including a portfolio of Board/Committee exposure.
- Provide company secretarial assistance to the chartered company secretaries within the department, ensuring that all entities remain fully compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006
- Responsible for arranging and full management of a portfolio of Group and subsidiary Board and Committee meetings
- Assist with governance projects that will improve the governance standards across the Group, including constitutional document updates, legal entity rationalisation projects, reviews of subsidiary governance frameworks and regular verification of Blueprint and statutory records
- Provide assistance on all Board/entity related matters
- Conduct horizon scanning for statutory and regulatory changes that could affect the Company
- Become a key point of contact within the team for all internal stakeholder queries.
- ICSA qualified or studying towards qualification
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and UK Corporate Governance Code
- Current experience of the core fundamentals of a Company Secretarial role
- Regular user of Diligent entities and Board portal software programs
- Board/Committee meeting and minuting experience.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.