Find your next role at Legal & General
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive Salary, Bonus and Benefits
31 May 2021
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join an established and growing team on a 6 month fixed term contract. Never has the demand to be data driven been so high in the organisation as we seek to launch new products, understand underwriting impacts and satisfy changes in reinsurance.
Being data driven and enabled is in huge demand across the business currently.
- Planning and achieving sprint tasks from which the technical solutions will be created. These solutions will mean that the business can identify commercial opportunities or understand why they are needed
- Supporting the data visualisation and data pipelines, ensuring that the services are up to date and the business can rely on them
- Inputting into and managing our data artefacts, which will include planning, task completion, unit testing, peer reviews, release, meta data, data modelling and deployment. This will ensure that the right controls have been applied whilst maintaining the accuracy of our process’s and controls to maintain quality of work
- Attending DataOps Design Authority meetings to provide input to our data value delivery methods. This will enable operational efficiency and foster collaboration
- Responsibility for the creation and input of meta data to sufficient levels, which will assist the business in understanding what they are able to do with it and give literacy
- Converting user stories to technical tasks, translating the business goal to a technical one, allowing the delivery of a technical solution
- Using a number of modern data platform tools set up in an agile delivery method to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud
- Proven track record of delivering data engineering solutions including ETL development, data streaming, data Integration and analytics
- Ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is essential; ability to demonstrate the communication of complex data management issues to non-technical stakeholders a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of modern data paradigms within the cloud in order to enable a business to maximise its value from data.
- Proven data, analytics and engineering experience
- Demonstrates logical and lateral thinking considering all angles in their decision making
- Communicates clearly and logically using "story telling techniques" simple language and visuals to suit the audience
- Technical experience desired but not limited to; Wherescape, Snowflake, SSIS, ADF, Jenkins, PowerBI, Tableau, RBDMS: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress, Databricks, Kafka, DataIQ and QuerySurge.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.