Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Hove or Redhill
£65-71k depending on experience
11 August 2021
Working on Cloud-based projects, you'll be part of our transformation team, building our infrastructure and supporting our developers with automation.
- Taking on technical ownership of LGI Azure Cloud Environments and technical resources
- You'll work closely with the Network, IT Security and Compliance team as well as the Cloud Architect to build and maintain the Azure cloud environments.
- Other close contacts include the development teams, Operations, Security and Architects in order to build and maintain the Application deployment pipelines and to ensure all solutions are Secure by Design and Secure in Practice.
- Create and maintain the documentations for knowledge sharing and training
- Able to act as a master trouble shooter and SME in configuration management
- Support the DevOps and Cloud adoption for our application teams and review current and proposed architecture and design deliverables
- Work with business stakeholders to identify strategic cloud adoption requirements
- Execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions
- Extensive Azure DevOps experience
- Must be technically Hands-on and has track record of building/provisioning large and complex Azure Cloud environments
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016
- DNS, UDR, Traffic Manager setup
- Technical skills in Devops and CI/CD
- Jenkins experience with Pipeline as a code
- Docker experience
- Kubernetes/AKS – (Standalone/Managed)
- Source Control - Bitbucket/GIT
- Agile Planning – Jira, Confluence
- Build Tools - Maven, Gradle
- Code Coverage/Scan - SONAR
- Code repository - Artifactory
- Virtualisation essential
- Capacity planning
- Security Configurations
- Experience in building a Web DMZ/Gateway is a plus
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- High standard of documentation
- Mentoring of junior team members
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Tom Booty at Tom.Booty@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-booty-38b337b4/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.