Senior Audit Manager (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
The Senior Audit Manager will support the Head of Audit by designing, driving and delivering a portfolio of high quality risk-based audit services across the business. You'll provide independent opinions and assurance on the strength of the control framework and the effectiveness of business risk management.
- Conduct annual risk assessment and half year refresh, across areas of the audit universe agreed with the HoA in line with Internal Audit approach and collaborate with HoA in development and updating of the annual audit plan for those areas
- Execute the risk-based audit plan as allocated by the HoA on time and to agreed budgets, ensuring Terms of Reference focus audit activity on areas of most significant business risk
- Identify where technology such as data analytics, process mining or machine learning can be used to improve the insight and or efficiency from audit work and plan and lead the execution of this work where applicable
- Communicate audit results to responsible management and agree commercially viable audit recommendations and business actions to address areas of risk and failures in the control framework
- Develop and execute liaison plan with key internal and external stakeholders relationship, to communicate relevant audit results
- Provide input to Group Audit Committee, Executive Management, relevant business division Boards and Risk & Compliance Committees, on significant areas of concern and the remedial actions required to mitigate risk to the Group.
- Professional auditing, accounting or actuarial qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA,) or equivalent business experience (essential)
- Internal Audit Standards, Financial Services Code and broader principles and practices.
- Group Internal Audit methodology
- Risk management principles and practices including Conduct and Prudential Regulatory Risk
- Corporate Governance practices and frameworks.
- Extensive experience supporting the overall capabilities of the divisional audit team.
- Directing and delivering a programme of audits, leading technical or complex reviews and providing overall quality control.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a cash car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.