Finance Manager - Regulatory Reporting
- Role Type
- up to £50,000
- Closing Date
As part of the Statutory and Regulatory Reporting team (STARR), the primary purpose of this role is to support in the management, production and review of the Legal and General Assurance Society Ltd (LGAS) Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting QRTs and other Regulatory Returns on a quarterly and annual basis. You'll also support the collection, analysis and reporting of LGAS capital information required to support the quarterly group reporting cycle.
You'll be required to support the delivery of IFRS results for a General Insurance reinsurance agreement sitting within LGAS, and will be responsible for quarterly IFRS reporting, annual IFRS disclosure work and Pillar 3 QRT reporting associated with this entity.
- Manage certain discrete aspects and support all remaining aspects of LGAS regulatory and capital reporting, including liaison with external auditors. Plan production activity and ensure compatibility with LGAS IFRS and other reporting metrics timetables.
- Develop system reporting expertise (SII Assist, GFAS, Cognos Controller, Magnify, Gabriel, etc.) and manage the delivery of outputs to the PRA and other regulatory bodies.
Customer Relationship Management
- Support the reporting teams (FRO, LGR, LGIM, LGI, etc.) to meet their SII and other regulatory reporting requirements, ensuring on-going communication and collaboration. Provide clear data requirements to business units in good time, assist with their technical queries and provide support with issues.
Internal Relationship Management
- Work collaboratively with the IFRS Society Reporting team and Group Regulatory reporting team throughout the close process.
- Help implement and establish robust and controlled Finance processes within the reporting team.
- Contribute to the production activity planning phases, agreeing and setting requirements in terms of timeliness and quality. Actively manage time to deliver to timetable during reporting cycles.
Projects & Change Management
- Continually review and challenge processes to establish efficiencies whilst maintaining control and quality.
- Participate in system and process reviews with regard to reducing reporting timescales in line with ongoing Pillar 3 timeline reductions.
- Qualified accountant from a recognised accountancy body.
Specific Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous Solvency II reporting experience (beneficial)
- Previous General Insurance reporting experience (beneficial)
- Good understanding of existing IFRS requirements and ability to analyse and interpret other reporting frameworks.
- Proactive approach to investigating and understanding changing regulatory requirements and ability to understand the impact on the business, systems, processes and reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.