Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
£24,000- £38,000 (Dependent on experience)
14 May 2021
We are seeking a strong individual to join an established data team to quality assurance testing to the forefront of conversations. By working collaboratively with the Engineering team within the LGI DataOps team the applicant will have the opportunity to influence our data assets to drive trust.You must be ambitious, have a passion for data and enjoy solving business problems through the use of a test matrix to find and catalogue defects within our data assets.
- You will create tests as an automated suite (where possible) to validate the quality of our data products through the execution of specific tests against clearly defined test criteria that have an expected set of results. Enabling the proof of quality and functionality to enable engineers and our business to promote it through the SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Report bugs and errors to the data engineering teams ensuring they are clear on what areas need to be fixed
- Execute, manage and alter automated testing software, so that we are an efficient team in our testing methods.
- Participate in the triage process, fully reproducing issues, developing test scenarios and validating fixes, whilst accurately maintaining and tracking defects.
- Undertake data quality checks on the Production data assets
- Support your colleagues in the creation of data quality scripts (typically SQL) and in the creation of data catalogues and governance during periods of leave, so that the business has continuity of service and literacy on its data.
Degree or higher education qualification in relevant subjects will be an advantage
The following knowledge is considered relevant:
- Understanding of Data engineering solutions including ETL development, data streaming, data integration and analytics.
- Knowledge of modern data testing methods within the cloud in order to enable the business to maximise its value from data.
- Strong SQL knowledge essential.
- Working in a team where these products are common place and therefore knowledge of the language will be advantageous - Wherescape, SSIS, ADF, Jenkins, PowerBI, Tableau, RBDMS: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress. Snowflake, Databricks, Kafka.
- Being able to articulate and demonstrate a track record of using automation tooling for testing such as DataIQ, QuerySurge or ICEDQ.
The following experience is required:
- Demonstrable experience of testing
- Practical commercial experience in the design, development and execution of QA test plans
- Demonstrates logical & lateral thinking, with an eye for detail & troubleshooting
- ISTQB Foundation Level in Testing is desirable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Reesa Berry at Reesa.Berry@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reesaberry/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.