Find your next role at Legal & General
Prudential Risk Actuary (Part time)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
London, Hove or Cardiff
7 March 2021
We are recruiting for a Prudential Risk Actuary to contribute to formulation and direction of actuarial policy and oversight of all long term business covered by Legal & General Retirement (LGR).
You'll advise on actuarial methods and the development and implementation of the systems and processes which support the production and analysis of financial results and the actuarial and risk management of the LGR division.
This is a great opportunity for a a qualified Actuary with strong influencing and communication skills looking for a part time position (17.5 hours).
- You'll support the LGR Prudential Risk Director in ensuring that all statutory obligations associated with the role are complied with.
- As a member of the LGR Prudential Risk team, provide 2nd line risk oversight for the LGR division (including international teams) of the management of prudential risk together with associated operational and reputations risks.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an appropriate framework for the management of prudential risk with the LGR division ensuring compliance with Group policies and standards.
- Provide review and oversight of the financial results of LGR for all reporting metrics.
- Undertake, review and analysis of and provide advice on the methodology and assumptions used for financial and regulatory reporting and risk management for LGR business within LGAS, ensuring that they meet professional and statutory requirements and any further Group requirements.
- Provide professional supervision of the LGR actuarial functions, to ensure that product design and liability valuation contribute towards the achievement of the objectives of the LGR division, including appropriate risk management, and that product pricing adheres to Group Policies.
- Contribute to the development, use and oversight of the Group’s capital models, ensuring that risks are identified and modelled appropriately. Provide advice on the formulation of calculation methodology and parameters.
- Play an active part in working with the LGR Risk and other L&G Risk teams to share information and experience and develop the aims of good risk management practice in L&G.
- You'll be a qualified Actuary with a strong understanding of risk management principles
- Experience of valuation of actuarial liabilities and of management of annuities business is preferable
- The successful applicant will have good communication skills, both verbal and written, that will enable them to deliver effective review and challenge of LGR’s business and product developments.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Stacie Burnett at Stacie.Burnett@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacie-burnett-11abb236). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.