Find your next role at Legal & General
Longevity Risk Actuarial Analyst
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
30 April 2021
We are hiring a Longevity Risk Actuarial Analyst to join our Longevity Risk Team. You will support the delivery of regular mortality analysis to assist with the delivery of LGR’s strategic objectives, focussing particularly on Solvency II capital modelling, strategic analytics, and year end assumptions for retirement (primarily annuities) business.
- Supporting longevity risk modelling to assess mortality and mortality trend for annuitants. This work includes both UK and international territories.
- Assisting in developing and communicating longevity assumptions for the purposes of year end reporting, pricing or capital requirement.
- Supporting the delivery of strategic deliverables including the use of financial levers for both year-end reporting, pricing and capital. Assist with educating and informing stakeholders on key aspects of mortality information.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of marginal distributions of uncertainty for base mortality, mortality trend, spouse demography, and associated correlations for the retirement portfolio (UK and International).
- Managing the tasks necessary to support the development, review and maintenance of the Longevity Risk Predictive model for describing/predicting the mortality experience of the UK and International business,
- Contributing to research on Longevity Risk to identify suitable data sources such as demographic profiling systems and potential software and utilise this information to potentially optimise our pricing and reserving assumptions.
- Providing concise, clear and well communicated summaries of all analysis and work with team to present these findings to key stakeholders, working with stakeholders to achieve prompt signoff of strategic deliverables.
- An actuarial student with 3 - 4 years’ experience within a Life company/Consultancy and solid progression through the actuarial exams.
- Proven Longevity experience, with specific knowledge of base and trend mortality and common practices.
- Commercial knowledge of longevity risk products including BPA, individual, longevity swaps etc. would be desirable.
- Practical experience of model development and knowledge of the application of statistical methodologies to longevity modelling
- Knowledge of Solvency II and setting Solvency II marginal distributions assumptions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.