Find your next role at Legal & General
PR Marketing Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
14 May 2021
The PR Marketing Manager will work with the PR Manager covering Retirement Lending, support and manage the PR agency in delivering the PR strategy and plan.
- Working closely with the Head of PR, the PR agency, and the rest of the team, manage day-to-day press activity: pursuing relevant opportunities and responding to reactive enquiries
- Draft and edit clear, concise and compelling written copy/marketing materials in English (press releases, articles, social media, website copy)
- Own the press release and case study processes
- Follow the external news agenda to help identify commentary and media opportunities
- Establish and maintain strong links with key journalists
- Evaluate and monitor the impact of the PR strategy
- Assist the Head of PR and the Social Media Manager to develop a powerful and effective social media strategy to grow Retail Solutions’ online presence and maintain the our digital channels
- Deputise for the Head of PR and the PR Manager covering Retirement Lending.
- Experience in a leading PR role (essential)
- Workplace Savings or Retirement Income knowledge (essential)
- Strong commercial awareness and a good understanding of financial services/personal finance or a regulated environment
- First class writing and proof reading
- Understanding of digital and social channels and their role within PR
- Identifying news and hijacking opportunities by being across the external communications agenda
- A strong press book with contacts in the personal finance space.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.