Find your next role at Legal & General
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive Salary, Bonus and Benefits
31 May 2021
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join LGIM on a brand new and high-profile programme to drive change throughout the business. In this role you will work closely with stakeholders to gain approvals and drive requirements. You must be comfortable in challenging the status quo and actively look for opportunities to improve the business and drive efficiencies.
- Developing and modelling business and systems functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using best practice research and analysis techniques to exploit business opportunities and achieve strategic goals.
- Defining requirement specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing high level and detailed business models, and implementing solutions, on behalf of senior client/user management to deliver a measurable impact on the profitability of the division.
- Critically reviewing and evaluating any proposed solutions identifying alignment with business strategies making recommendations to senior managers ensuring they are fully aware of key risks.
- Continually evaluating the quality of all deliverables, including those of 3rd parties, to ensure the end product is fit for purpose and are acceptable to all stakeholders.
- Delivering effective communication to all interested parties including stakeholders and Senior Managers to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of projects.
- A proven track record as a Business Analyst within financial services, with a detailed knowledge of the financial services market.
- Proven expertise in techniques for streamlining business processes.
- Proficiency in preparing and presenting proposals which highlight business benefits and statements of requirements both orally and in writing.
- A track record in utilising tools and techniques (manual or automated); which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation.
- Skilled in the application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available.
- An awareness of principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the lifecycle of development projects.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.