Find your next role at Legal & General
Portfolio Intelligence Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
25 April 2021
A new role in our growing Dublin team. Under the oversight of the Head of Investments, LGIM Europe’s Portfolio Intelligence team is responsible for monitoring the implementation of investment policies, strategies and performance across a growing number of investment funds.
The Portfolio Intelligence Analyst will support the team in providing robust quantitative portfolio analytics to better meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders: the Board of Directors, Fund Managers, Distribution and Client Relationship Management teams.
The role will require you to be adaptable in enhancing or creating new processes and leveraging on centralised data management systems to provide management oversight and/or create meaningful investment insight.
Coverage is likely to include the following:
- Assist with providing oversight of the fund management of pooled and bespoke risk management solutions funds to ensure consistency of outcomes versus investment objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of LGIM’s Pooled and bespoke risk management solutions business and engage with underlying fund managers across asset classes and strategies.
- Review and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis and management information to support evaluation of investment activities: build robust quantitative tools to aid all aspects of portfolio analysis to monitor, measure, and attribute portfolio risks and returns
- Communicate complex analysis and sophisticated ideas in a concise and understandable fashion; assist in providing answers to technical specific queries, to executive management, internal committees and the Board of Directors.
- Understand upcoming regulatory changes their implications for fund management: work alongside Risk teams to ensure adequate governance of funds under management.
- Support the Board of the Irish entity in discharging its responsibilities through the provision of reporting, insight and challenge on portfolio management activities in the relevant funds and portfolios.
- As part of the wider investment team, provide support to team and contribute to the on-going development of the European
- Degree educated or equivalent preferably mathematical, financial or econometric educational background
- Pension actuarial knowledge and/or qualification desirable
- CFA charterholder or studying toward CFA desirable
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise in a fast moving, constantly changing environment.
- Highly numerate; advanced Excel and experience with VBA, SQL or Python preferable
- Derivatives and fixed income knowledge, particularly in the context of LDI
- Familiarity with the pensions industry
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you, ensuring that your work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.