Claims Advisor - Part Time
- Role Type
- 18,600 - 21,500 (FTE)
- Closing Date
In this role you'll be making a difference to our customers, specifically those who hold protection policies with us. You'll be making sure that their claim is dealt with sensitively and as efficiently as possible. So if you enjoy speaking with customers and helping them at a challenging time in their lives, then this could be an opportunity for you.
This will be a Part TIme opportunity
- Answering calls and speaking with claimants re the loss of a loved one or an ill health situation
- Showing empathy whilst remainig professional
- Loading claim detils into various systems
- Administering claims
- Chasing up outstanding requirements from GP's and other third parties
- Keeping claimants informed of progress
- This role will involve both phone and administrative accountabilities
- Previous Claims experience desirable
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Ability to deal with customers in a sensitive manner
- Excellent phone skills
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to multi skill and hit targets
- Ability to take responsibility for handling customer cases
- Ability to be proactive and obtain information as required to enable the claims to be assessed
- Working as part of a team, you will have the ability to be flexible in your approach
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
This is a Part Time position .
We reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Christine Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christinemitchell1/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.