Customer Service Advisor
- Role Type
- £ 19,000
- Closing Date
Help us ‘Shape the Future’ - for our customers, and for your career too!
We’re currently looking for a number of talented Customer Service Advisors to join our growing Helpline Team in Cardiff. If you're dedicated and passionate about customer service, enjoy listening to and supporting customers with their enquiries and requests, then we’d love to hear from you. In return for your dedication, we'll support you in developing your strengths and career aspirations within a culture of trust and collaboration.
- Providing telephone and web-based services to our corporate pension scheme customers, and using appropriate communication methods to really understand their needs.
- Clearly describing their options and outlining the range of pension products available, you'll help our customers plan effectively for their retirement.
- Actively listening to your customers, recognising issues that require escalation (including early resolution complaints); and take action to promptly to address them.
- Capturing customer information and data accurately to reduce repeat calls, and be focused on providing an excellent customer experience.
Hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am-7pm worked on a rotational shift basis; and normally every sixth Saturday morning 9am-12pm.
- A real willingness to help customers with simple or complex queries is key for this role, whilst previous experience working in a customer service environment is desirable (for example you might work in a call centre environment as a customer service representative or in retail)
- An interest in working in a Financial Services organisation, with a longer term goal of obtaining qualifications in Financial Services.
- An ability to adapt your communication style to suit the individual and to build natural rapport with our customers.
- An ability to demonstrate time management and organisation skills to effectively optimise your workload.
- An ability to work under pressure in a targeted environment, whilst maintaining quality, regulatory standards.
- Proven ability to make decisions based on evaluation of risks and using available information.
- Working knowledge of complaint handling processes.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Alyson Macdonald at Alyson.Macdonald@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alyson-macdonald-assoc-cipd-b88524120/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.