ESG Investment Manager
- Role Type
- London (Home working until further notice)
- Closing Date
The ESG Investment Manager will lead the development and execution of our ESG framework, and be a key part of our portfolio direction and analysis. You'll be particularly involved with Climate related risks and opportunities. You'll be in a high-visibility, dynamic and high-accountability role working with cross-functional teams across the business.
- Review and continue to develop our external ESG investing commitments by developing insightful ESG-related analysis and leading to deliver on the agreed strategy with various internal stakeholders
- Drive execution of portfolio strategy with our in-house asset manager, LGIM to reflect our ESG objectives and understanding of ESG
- Propose negative ESG screening (exclusions) and develop portfolio decarbonisation targets and pathway to reach L&G’s target to meeting Net Zero on our portfolio holdings by 2050
- Demonstrate strong understanding / research capability of high carbon intensity and other climate risk -exposed sectors from credit investing perspective
- Drive improvements to documentation and procedures notes connected with the provision of ESG portfolio management
Knowledge & Experience:
- Credit research or portfolio management background in ESG, Climate risks, Utilities or Energy (beneficial)
- Understanding of Insurance company balance sheets, particularly Solvency II framework, Matching adjustment (beneficial)
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of fixed income valuation concepts and models, and broad understanding of credit fundamentals across sectors
- Strong capital market knowledge
- Good understanding of all major asset classes
- Good quantitative and financial modelling skills
- Chartered Financial Analyst charter holder or qualified /part-qualified actuary (beneficial)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.