Controls and Approvals Consultant
- Role Type
- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing Date
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Communications Team here in Hove. In the role, you will work on a variety of Comms material (online, offline, and literature provided to customers) to ensure that it is clear, accurate and balanced, thereby enabling our customers to make an informed decision about our products and services throughout the product lifecycle. If you have experience in Compliance & Approvals and would like to find out more about the role, we would love to hear from you.
- Supporting the departmental control framework that ensures DC Comms has the right controls and governance in place.
- Ensuring that material provided to our customers is clear, accurate and balanced so they can make an informed choice about our products and services.
- Providing a customer focused, professional, creative and pragmatic communication approvals service, to ensure material is wholly compliant and meets all legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Conducting quality sampling to test adherence to governance processes to ensure the business is operating as intended across all communications (Contract, Trust, Mastertrust) and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Focusing on Group’s policies and procedures to maximise business performance and efficiency.
- A dynamic individual with past experience in a Controls/Compliance role.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory framework including FCA handbook of principles, rules and guidance. A good understanding of Systems and Controls and specific rules and guidance relevant to the role including financial promotional guidance in respect of COBS, MCOBS, ICOBS key FCA financial promotions, and the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Good understanding of Pensions and associated products
- Awareness of proposed changes to regulations or industry practise that would impact Legal & General’s financial promotions
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of analysis and using outcomes of monitoring to conduct root cause analysis.
- Excellent relationship management skills e.g. collaborating, networking, influencing, negotiating.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.