Actuarial Analyst (Study Supported)
- Role Type
- £37,000 to £42,000
- Closing Date
We have multiple opportunities for Actuarial Students to join Legal & General’s prestigious study supported rotation scheme. Your first role will be with our Collateral and (Re)Insurance Management team who focus on managing arrangements agreed following pension risk transfer (PRT) deals. The size and complexity of these deals make this a unique offering versus what you would find elsewhere in the market, our PRT team having secured £30 Billion of pension liabilities in the last 5 years. You’ll have the opportunity to use our cutting-edge in-house pricing system whilst build your exposure to reinsurers, trustee counterparts and key internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the Actuarial Manager in providing post-sale monitoring and calculations relating to buy-in/out pricing, reinsurance, longevity insurance and collateral arrangements in a proactive manner;
- Helping on-board new PRT reinsurance arrangements, including reviewing and feeding in comments to draft contracts and models;
- Ensuring the highest level of support is provided to internal and external clients including consultants, trustees and reinsurers at all times, maintaining our ongoing relationships
- Supporting, and checking the work of, the Operations Analyst in our Collateral and (Re)Insurance Services team; and
- Providing actuarial support to projects relevant to the wider PRT new business team
- You will also have the opportunity to learn C# coding, should this be an area you are interested in.
Please note that this role will initially be remote based until normal working patterns resume.
- Part-qualified actuary making good progress with the actuarial exams.
- Knowledge of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes, and associated valuation techniques.
- The ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure project delivery.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Kieran Ives at Kieran.Ives@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kieran-ives-67825633/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.