- Role Type
- Role can be homebased, or based from any of our main offices.
- £68,000 to £127,000 depending on experience
- Closing Date
This new position is a rare opportunity to play a key role in the creation of the Risk and Compliance function within Legal & General's Future Ventures (FV) team. This team are tasked with innovating across the L&G Portfolio, identify opportunities for positive disruption within our markets and create customer focused solutions using cutting-edge technology and automation. This role provides a truly unique environment, mentality of a start-up, with the capital and resources of a FTSE 100 firm. You will provide expert compliance advice, support and challenge to the FV team as well as develop and lead Automated Compliance initiatives.
- As a 1st line role, you will be building close working relationships to cultivate and embed a compliance and conduct aware culture throughout the FV team. Stakeholder management will be critical, you will directly influence and support the FV team on all compliance matters.
- Challenging existing policies and procedures. Collaborating with stakeholders across the business to improve through automation, content, minimum standards and controls.
- Leading on our automated compliance vision, identifying opportunities to innovate existing processes, implement better, more effective working practices and share new best practices with the wider Risk and Compliance community.
- Ensuring appropriate internal oversight is established in accordance with FCA and other regulatory requirements (FOS, ICO, PSR).
- Reviewing, developing and embedding collaborative compliance oversight and assurance.
- Reviewing and challenging business proposals to ensure that there has been adequate consideration of regulatory requirements, and evidencing appropriate actions to ensure delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Leading benchmarking exercises on best practice across the industry and recommending innovative methodologies and applications.
- Establishing networks and participating in relevant industry bodies to help influence and steer the direction of emerging regulations as applicable to our propositions.
- You will have a strong Risk and/or Compliance background and possess a real passion for change.
- A proven track record of building strong relationships while maintaining independence and challenge within a commercial environment.
- You will be motivated by the opportunity to build out a new, disruptive Risk & Compliance model, capable of ensuring the work of the FV team remains within Group appetite as well as pushing the boundaries of automation and control. We are looking for you to demonstrate to impact you had within previous roles.
- You will be comfortable engaging Senior Management / Stakeholders and keen to use your knowledge and experience to deliver innovative change.
- Strong levels of Drive, Judgement and Influence are essential
- Knowledge of modern digital technologies is desirable as this will help with your understanding of the art of the possible, though not essential.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Kieran Ives at Kieran.Ives@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kieran-ives-67825633/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.