Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Change Accountant (FTC)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
14 May 2021
We are currently hiring an Accountant to support the delivery of projects from the FRO business unit portfolio, including internally or externally generated change, plus any projects from Group, LGIM, LGR, and any other Business Units impacting the FRO finance function.
- Developing and model Financial Reporting & Operations (FRO) business accounting finance functions, processes, information flows and data structures, linking to business systems and data. Using best practice research and analysis techniques to exploit financial management efficiencies, business opportunities and achieve strategic goals.
- Assisting other FRO Change professionals and FRO Finance teams on business and internal FRO projects on the definition of Finance requirements, system and process design, testing and implementation to deliver a measurable impact on financial accounting efficiency and controls for the profitability of FRO.
- Assisting in the assessment of projects across the L&G Group to identify impacts on FRO financial accounting, and aligned processes. Ensuring that change activity is identified and delivered to ensure that those processes remain fully aligned and understood within the business and that performance can be monitored against targets and delivery against on-going performance measures.
- Learning and taking responsibility for the management and configuration of CoAs and reports developed on the Oracle application, within the agreed TOM for the financial accounting ledgers.
- Managing the relationship with FRO and the other areas outside of FRO where necessary to ensure the requirements of FRO are fully delivered within time, budget and to an appropriate high quality, ensuring the deployment of necessary business and technical knowledge to support the delivery.
- A nearly or newly qualified Accountant or equivalent, by having relevant financial experience, with good experience within a Life Company or Consultancy.
- Experience of using Finance systems, data to support the achievement of financial and non-financial objectives
- Experience of project lifecycle in the finance environment.
- A practical and hands on approach.
- An understanding of the processes and systems architecture used by Finance teams
- A proficiency in generic accounting techniques such as double entry.
- An understanding of the range and type of products sold by L&G and of the market that L&G are in.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.