Senior Experience Designer 6months FTC
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
L&G’s digital customer vision is to accelerate growth and drive value through a focus on customers, best-in-class digital technology solutions and optimal unit costs.
This hands-on role is responsible for Experience Design within product and project teams, using best practice User-Centred Design methods and processes to deliver and optimise digital customer experiences that maximise customer satisfaction, increase conversion rates and grow online self-service (reducing cost to serve) across all Legal & General’s digital assets.
- Responsible for identifying the requirements of our customer and partners’ online needs during projects and change activity. Promotes the ‘think customer’ approach
- Responsible for the information architecture, navigation, user-flows, experience architecture and interaction designs that effectively and directly solve the customers and partners online needs
- Identifying the need for customer research and managing the research process, front-end analysis, interviewing, focus groups and requirements gathering
- Use of appropriate user experience tools including storyboarding, scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis to capture and develop user requirements and integrate elements into user interaction designs
- Work in collaboration with UI Designer to create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support development process and facilitate iterative testing of prototypes
- Design and develop usability testing plans. Lead engagement with usability test suppliers
- Work closely with the analytics team to analyse and interpret website metrics in order to develop deep and broad understanding of user base and user behaviour. Make recommendations based on collected data and overall strategy
- Be at the centre of expertise in terms of giving the customers and partners a world-class digital user experience. Represent the team on key projects as and when required as the dedicated online user experience specialist
- Develop and share deep knowledge of customer insight to understand our customer and partners’ needs, attitudes, goals, values and behaviours to be able to deliver personalised and customised digital experiences
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- People management partnership accountabilities for jobholders who manage people
- Desirable to have Degree in a human-centred design or psychology discipline or equivalent
- The role holder must have a good understanding of Lean UX and design within scrum and be confident to play a key role in shaping experience design at L&G
- Good knowledge of latest Design best practice and methods
- Essential to have history of concepting user-centred digital experiences for large, complex organisations
- Understanding of UX principles, personas, usability and other UX disciplines
- Experience with research and testing as part of the design process. Including desk research, multi-variant testing and user testing
- Sound business knowledge and business acumen
- Client facing experience in an agency environment would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Confident to challenge briefs and requests from within and outside the organisation
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships with all levels within the organisation and external agencies and become a strong advocate for user centred design
- Good team player – ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
- Pays attention to new online trends, behaviours, technologies and how the organisation can use these to retain customers, transform offline processes to online, and to optimise experiences and procedures
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Anastasia Jurcenko at Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anastasiajurcenko/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.