Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
5 March 2021
The successful candidate will have the benefit of working on two of Real Assets rapidly growing long income property equity funds (Annuity Portfolio and LPI Fund), with plenty of scope for career development in a challenging and rewarding role.
The position is for a self-motivated and proactive senior asset manager who will lead on all asset management for their respective assets across the funds, which will predominantly be in the core sectors although there will be scope to manage assets in other classes, and will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide range of fund activities.
Key Accountabilities – Annuity Portfolio and LPI Fund
Take ownership for identifying and executing value add opportunities and asset management initiatives across the assets.
- Oversee development fundings and forward commitments in the portfolio.
- Actively drive ESG initiatives across the assets.
- Research, analysis, modelling and due diligence in the purchase and disposal of investments.
- Maximise income by overseeing property managers on rent reviews.
- Assist in both internal and external fund reporting.
- Assist in client and investor presentations.
- Contribute to the formulation and presentation of the annual fund Strategy.
- Assist in the preparation and calculation of valuations.
- Liaise with and oversee property managers on all property management issues.
- Develop and maintain good contacts with key advisors, clients, landlords and tenants.
- Liaise with the Credit team on individual tenant names and support the Credit rating process.
- High calibre individual, dynamic and professional, capable of imaginative thought leadership, balanced with commercial reasoning and a drive to implement.
- MRICS qualified.
- Significant post qualified experience. Whilst not necessarily coming from an asset management role, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong awareness of this function incorporating wide cross sector experience, together with a solid investment acumen and an energetic approach.
- An innovative approach to identifying and implementing ways of releasing value from existing assets.
- A team player demonstrating high levels of energy and commitment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong marketing and presentational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Real Estate software and Excel.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Kofi Kyei at Kofi.Kyei@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kofi-kyei-25a52a12/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.