Senior Finance Analyst - Projects (12 month FTC)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- £30,000 to £38,000 depending on experience
- Closing Date
Legal & General Group has a requirement for a Senior Finance Analyst for a 12 month fixed term contract. You will ensure the delivery of a robust and proactive financial and management accounting service to the Group IT Change Function, providing sound and effective operational finance management to support the function in meeting its business and strategic objectives.
You will thrive working in a rapidly changing environment and have great influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Management Information - Produce and analyse trend reports and Management Information Packs for senior management meetings to aid decision-making and strategic planning in order to achieve business objectives. Ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to Group Functions IT so customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Direct Expense Management - Manage the production, analysis and provision of supporting business commentary on current and projected direct project expenses and FTE positions, highlighting trends and risks against forecast and budget. Proactively take the initiative to challenge the business on expense matters, and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to eliminate excessive, wasteful or inappropriate spending.
- Allocated Expense Management - Manage the production of cost apportionment apportionment for both project spend and ongoing costs to ensure an appropriate and equitable divisional cost allocation.
- Business Partnering & Relationship Management - To work independently and take the initiative to develop relationships and work with managers and directors to help them understand financial perspectives, enabling the business to adopt a proactive and innovative role in financial and commercial matters.
- Financial Control - Maintain and monitor robust accounting standards, policies and financial controls across the team to ensure compliance with the Group Standards, statutory requirements and the control framework. Ensure all processes and financial transactions are compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning - To play a leading role in the change elements of he quarterly expense forecast, play a leading role in the annual expense plan and provide input to the medium- and long-term financial strategy based on known business case outcomes..
- Business Cases - To support in production of financial business cases including both project and ongoing cost impacts and to track performance against original assumptions.
- Finalist or qualified accountant
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and principles
- Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply appropriate L&G Group policy and procedures, as well as L&G’s risk management philosophy and ability to support business in delivery and monitoring of the risk
- Understanding of L&G’s approaches to cost allocation and profit measurement (Value Added Management), annual/quarterly planning and forecasting cycle, financial approval procedures/processes and monthly expenditure reporting/ and analysis processes, and alternative cross-charging methodologies and potential behavioural implications
- Advanced knowledge in the use of spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools
- Ability to effectively manage workload, drive change and improvement across the division
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence others and operate in a complex matrix structure
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written or verbal reports
- Using logical argument and data, able to challenge peers and Directors
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of business and to develop and maintain strong relationships with finance and non-finance individuals.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain financial models
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information regarding this role please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - email@example.com.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Stacie Burnett at Stacie.Burnett@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacie-burnett-11abb236). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.