- Role Type
- Cardiff or Hove
- Closing Date
Our Process Transformation function, which forms part of our Group Change team within Legal & General Group are looking for an Automation Developer to join the team. You’ll have an strong knowledge of the automation development life cycle with extensive experience of developing robotic process opportunities using Blue Prism or similar technologies. You’ll play a big role in delivering the process transformation strategy within Legal and General Group.
- Utilise the available technology toolkit to transform business processes through delivering the end-to-end design, development and deployment of automations into the production environment; using experience and know-how to create innovative solutions to business problems
- Define and assess requirements in collaboration with the Automation Analyst and Business teams across L&G Group to ensure a common understanding of what can/will be delivered and all value-add requirements are encompassed to maximise business benefit
- Advise stakeholders as to the viability of certain projects and developments to ensure that focus is on delivering high quality, successful automations
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the PTH in all aspects of automation development, to ensure knowledge is shared and ‘the art of the possible’ is fully understood
- Support in the integration of new technologies into the PTH Technology Toolkit to continually evolve Hub’s capability in transforming business processes through automation
- Identify, evaluate and raise risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies that may impact development activities, proposing mitigating actions where appropriate and ensure compliance with Automation Playbook, Automation Development Standards and L&G’s policies and procedures to produce high quality automations through robust delivery governance
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF): Ensure that all customers/stakeholders are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s principles on Customer Experience, Employee Engagement, Continuous Improvement and TCF policy
- Blue Prism Developer Accreditation would be beneficial but not essential as well as ITSQB Foundation Certificate and Green Belt Six Sigma
- Extensive knowledge of the markets process automation technology
- Extensive knowledge of Office software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access etc. Experience of SQL (Transact & DB2) to build efficient, complex queries & Database Applications
- Experience of developing and maintaining Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Familiarity with Python, Java, C, C++
- Experience of working within Agile, DevOps environments
- Understanding the Regulatory framework of the UK Financial Services industry
- Extensive experience of process automation development
- Experience of working within Agile DevOps environments
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.