Customer Service Specialist (Telephony)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
We are looking for a Customer Service Specialist to join our LGR customer service team in Cardiff.
Can you communicate complex issues in simple and understandable terms to customers? Are you passionate about customer service? If you have the desire to be a proactive frontrunner on a dynamic and vibrant team, then this opportunity is for you.
- You’ll be engaging in telephone-based activities such as servicing existing customers or their representatives; or providing New Business solutions that meet a customer’s wants and needs for retirement income.
- You’ll obtain relevant customer information through appropriate communication channels. Additionally, through proactive and reactive contact, you’ll utilise appropriate techniques to fully understand the customer’s wants and needs, confirming understanding with the customer.
- Use in-depth knowledge of products, services, processes and systems to deliver appropriate customer outcomes.
- Ensure all appropriate legislative, regulatory and internal process & procedure are fully understood and applied and follow procedures to ensure the correct data protection (DPA) checks are undertake.
- You’ll work with customer advocates and customer experience leaders; identifying processes or procedures that inhibit the delivery of successful outcomes and lead to delays in processing times.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of complaints procedures, recognising when a customer is complaining and then manage the complaint in line with financial conduct authority (FCA) and L&G’s complaint process and procedures.
- At times, you will also provide subject matter expert (SME) support for projects (system, process, regulatory) and deliver business implementation activities such as changes to process and call frameworks within your business’ customer service area.
- Understanding of work flow and work queue structure.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage queries whilst giving due consideration to team performance and activities.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Experience of contributing to cross-functional business teams is desirable.
- Experience of building effective relationships in complex environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Operating times are: Monday - Friday (9am -5pm).
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For more information please contact: David.Mfon@landg.com