Customer Service Manager
- Role Type
- £35,000 to £55,000, dependent on experience
- Closing Date
Working in a multi-channel environment across LGRRI (L&G Retail Retirement Institutional) Customer Services, we are recruiting for a Customer Service Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of 8 Team Managers, ensuring overall operational performance is driven and enhanced by engaging, motivating and inspiring their team to give their best.
You will be a strong leader with a high level of experience of managing teams where complex, and sometimes conflicting, requirements require dissection to help deliver desired Customer outcomes.
- Lead and develop a team of Customer Service Leaders to ensure the fair treatment of customers and people, whilst delivering agreed business outcomes. Drive the right behaviours within the team to deliver outstanding customer service. Ensure that operational performance and customer outcomes are monitored. Maintain appropriately skilled resource to meet work priorities and customer demand.
- Coach, train, develop and motivate individuals to achieve objectives as determined by LGRRI goals, including customer outcomes, behaviours, quality and productivity. Regularly review these areas, set training and improvement plans and targets as appropriate; considering the business and individual’s needs. Drive effective two-way communication within the team and beyond, documenting all records in the agreed format. Ensure our customers receive excellent, and consistent, levels of service whilst recognising the development and training needs of our people.
- Be accountable for all areas of process breakdown, regulatory breach and health & safety issues within department, in order to protect L&G and relevant parties from unnecessary loss, by documenting and ensuring that the team fully understand and comply with all financial, regulatory and legislative controls. Identify, manage and report key risks and deliver controls, in line with the risk management framework, to minimise the impact on L&G.
- Provide a point of escalation and ownership of complex queries to include complaints, investigating where appropriate and resolving where possible, ensuring any complaints dealt with are logged correctly. Use root cause analysis to identify trends and contribute to continual improvement.
- Create an environment where people understand the need for change, how the changes will benefit the business and customers, and the part they have to play in making the change happen. Maintains high levels of engagement with their people ensuring people are well informed and updated on all aspects affecting the business and their roles.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with the management team across LGRRI, providing advice and guidance to help improve their knowledge and understanding so as to maximise profit opportunities for LGRRI. Attend and contribute to business forums and committees as subject matter expert. Represent LGRRI at external forums, technical working/steering groups, and in building business to business relationships
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Manage the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Extensive experience of managing a high number of staff, balancing daily challenges to achieve the best customer outcomes consistently
- Broad understanding of LGRRI products, services and operations.
- Significant operational experience.
- Understanding of the LGRRI strategy and how this will impact the service proposition.
- Understand the different customers of LGR, i.e. customers, intermediaries and internal customers and how their requirements differ.
- Understanding of work flow and work queue structure.
- Experience in developing and presenting information to senior leaders.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of contributing to cross-functional business teams
- Experience of effective team management and how to build effective relationships in complex environments
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across various businesses, key support functions, and decision makers across the business
- Excellent communication skills to create and deliver clear and concise written or verbal reports to peers and Directors
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.