Financial Investment Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Legal & General Capital (LGC) is recruiting for a Financial Investment Analyst to work alongside our underlying portfolio companies, supporting them in communicating their performance and in their corporate activity.
You will be working in a small team which relies heavily on strong relationships with the underlying businesses and with senior management in LGC so good communication skills are key.
The Principal Investing portfolio ranges from investments that provide private debt to mid-market companies to venture capital fund managers who invest in early stage ventures. The Housing portfolio is diverse, from traditional house building to modular housing. The portfolio covers affordable housing, and across tenures from Build to Sell to Build to Rent. Principal Investing and Housing Investments support L&G’s aim to invest in UK economic growth and manufacture and deliver assets to the rest of the L&G Group.
- Financial business partnering, including performance monitoring and reporting, and forecasting and support for any financial themes emerging
- Liaising with key stakeholders in LGC’s divisional planning process to establish sector-level strategic priorities. This will include interactions with LGC’s senior management team, sector leads, investment leads and operating entity leadership
- Supporting the investment team and operating entities with key financial events (including refinancing events, asset disposals, etc.)
- Contributing to overall M&A process for new acquisitions and disposals within the portfolio
- Supporting the financial due diligence process for new investments, including shaping the assignment scope, managing work streams and outputs of due diligence providers and interpreting and communicating findings to senior LGC stakeholders
- Producing forecasts and scenario planning to assist central planning, commercial insight and options analysis, with focus on profit generation, liquidity strategy, market opportunity and sector concentrations
- The role also includes playing an active role in applying a strong financial control environment, with robust systems and processes, review and data accuracy.
We welcome candidates who have specific experience from the sectors in which we operate, however if you are keen to learn and believe you can add value we would also be like to hear from you. A strong attention to detail, a collaborative approach and a commitment to adding value are important to succeed in this role.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- Strong accounting experience (IFRS)
- Knowledge or experience of Venture Capital, Private Debt or Housing desirable
- Strong excel skills
- Experience in either Corporate Finance advisory / financial due diligence or investment management desirable
- Relevant experience preparing high quality financial analysis and papers
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Capital is the principal investment arm of the Legal & General Group. Investing from Legal & General’s c. £8bn shareholder balance sheet, Legal & General Capital's purpose is to generate long-term shareholder value with a major focus on residential housing, investment in future cities (including large scale urban regeneration and clean energy) and venture capital to support the continuing development of the UK's cities. We aim to invest for the long term in economically and socially useful assets, to secure competitive returns and to create new asset classes for Legal & General’s varied investment requirements, for our partners and for the wider marketplace. We create real partnerships between the public sector and institutional investors to boost investment, accelerate housing delivery, create local jobs and support local businesses with a positive socioeconomic impact on regions and communities.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.