Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
16 June 2021
In this incredible role you will work within Legal & General Investment Management’s new Platform Team! You’ll have a chance to shape the future of DevOps! This team is part of our IT department, our goal is to create an engaging experience for internal colleagues, clients and customers while embracing web, mobile and traditional IT systems. You will become an important part of the transformation journey that L&G are going through, and which is sponsored by our leadership team. In this role you will combine hands on work to support scrum masters and operations to change quickly, while maintaining platform stability for our clients and customers.
- Promoting collaboration and re-use across engineering with a drive for DevOps best practice and a focus on SDLC
- Platform automation through the use of CI/CD and modern automation tools adhering to the gitOps practice
- Platform monitoring with the use of Prometheus, Grafana and the ELK stack with a view to improve performance and reliability
- Leading the design and implementation of platform technologies such as container orchestration, service mesh, API gateway, serverless and others
- Creating tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments
- Collaborating and working with engineering, operations and security teams to help build LGIM’s Application, Data and Integration Platforms to support the build of our technical products
- You'll have some experience working in the platform engineering / DevOps space
- You’ll have experience designing and implementing cloud-based infrastructure supporting agile development processes primarily in AWS
- Development experience with a programming language such as Java, Python, Groovy, Bash, Golang
- You will have a deep understanding of Kubernetes, ideally Red Hat Openshift and an understanding of data platforms such as Cloudera and associated ecosystem
- Experience with application platform services that make up the SDLC stack such as Github, Jenkins, Docker registries, artifact stores, static code analysis tools etc
- It would be fantastic if you have experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.