Enhanced Annuity Underwriter
- Role Type
- £22,400 to £30,000 dependent on experience
- Closing Date
As underwriter you will be responsible for providing an excellent Underwriting service that is trusted, valued and provides fair treatment and outcomes for customers. This will be achieved by identifying and gathering all the information required in order to assess applications within business guidelines for a range of enhanced annuity products, with the purpose of maximising sales whilst ensuring the fair treatment of customers and mitigating the risks of financial loss associated with excessive annuity payments.
- Accurately assess, document, and make appropriate offers for enhanced annuity applications within the autonomy limits of the role
- Work in a positive and efficient manner that makes sure that customer service levels are consistently met or exceeded
- Contribute to the collection, maintenance, and reporting of business critical management information, enabling effective business decisions to be made
- Provide technical support to peers and colleagues through checking, mentoring and coaching, when required to do so
- Continually develop your own knowledge & technical skills so that the ability to perform the underwriting role is maintained and improved
- Participate in projects which improve the underwriting process, systems, and commercial viability
- Ensure that regulatory knowledge is maintained according to company policy, making sure of compliance with key legislation at all times
- You'll require analytical expertise and have experience of an environment where complex, and sometimes conflicting, requirements require understanding to help deliver desired Customer outcomes. An understanding of risk based decision making and delivering successful outcomes is key
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the diseases & risk factors associated with early mortality in middle aged and elderly lives (50 years upwards)
- Demonstrate effective communication skills through all customer facing media, resulting in positive & collaborative relationships
- Have the ability to share knowledge, including technical support & feedback to peers, & the regular reporting of business critical business intelligence
- Organise and plan time effectively, following defined control procedures appropriately
- Proactively and flexibly seeks solutions to help create and agile, cost effective, customers focused proposition
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age
For further information regarding this role please contact Lynn Morriss at email@example.com