Head of EDZ (FTC till end of 2020)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
This role will be to lead the strategic development and future road map for the GCD and place ‘customer data and insight’ at the core of L&G’s future strategies.
The role will lead the Data Science Launchpad, which reaches out across all Divisions and will work strategically with Group HR. This is a major initiative reflecting a strategy to up-skill L&G people and raise the level of data literacy across the organisation.
This role has been created in order to effectively manage the Enterprise Data Zone ensuring that L&G business units adopt the concept and to align project deliveries across L&G to align with the evolution of the EDZ. To provide the governance, policies and frameworks for the use and management of the EDZ, as well as ensuring compliance to Group policies, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) & PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) and others. To facilitate and lead the Data Science Launchpad.
- To act as Product Owner to projects across L&G to ensure the evolution of the EDZ
- Work with The Group Director Data Sciences to develop the strategic direction and reach of the EDZ across the L&G Group
- Be visible as a figurehead of both the EDZ and Data Science Launchpad
- Play a leading role and have responsibility for the budgets and funding of the EDZ and Data Science Launchpad
- Ensure that any RPA (Record of Processing Activity) is up to date and signed off by the relevant business areas and that all associated DPIA’s (Data Protection Impact Assessments) are complete and up to date
- Responsibility to assess and manage risk via management of the risk register for the EDZ, maintaining this through good stakeholder management/holding people to account for managing risk appropriately
- Analyse data flows (lineage) and ensure they are mapped and up to date, reflecting all the processes within the EDZ. Create and manage the Group Data Dictionary. Where 3rd parties are involved ensure full due diligence is undertaken, all governance processes adhered to and all transfer mechanisms secure and in line with group policy
- Engage with the business and senior stakeholders to promote the adoption of the EDZ
- Where required manage 3rd party suppliers TCS & IBM (and others) and ensure all outages and downtime are kept to a minimum
- Maintain and manage a disaster recovery plan, scenario planning and impacting business processes where appropriate
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area
- Promote and develop the working practice of DataOps and agile delivery
- Research and bring on board new technologies appropriate for the EDZ
- Take responsibility for supplier management within the EDZ
- Lead the day to day activities of the Data Science Launchpad and work with Group Director Data Sciences to develop the strategic direction of the Data Science Launchpad
- Degree level or equivalent or extensive experience in data, Data Science and DataOps
- Knowledge of Mainframe servers is desirable
- DB2/Oracle databases
- GDPR & PECR understanding
- Governance framework design and implementation
- Disaster recovery design and implementation
- Financial services industry exposure is desirable
- Modern data practices, approaches and technology
- Managing complex data deliveries
- Risk management
- Disaster recovery planning
- Data governance, management and exploitation
- People Management
- Managing complex stakeholder groups
- APE/Headcount (Managed, relevant or specific to holder) 15
- Number of employees managed 3
- Budget (directly controlled by holder) n/a
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance for you and your family, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, as well as a 12% cash car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.