Senior Developer and Support Analyst
- Role Type
- Closing Date
As a Senior Systems Development & Support Analyst, you'll be responsible for managing a small team of like-minded developers' day to day workloads, ensuring deliveries are on track, business as usual (BAU) agreements are achieved and new technical solutions explored in their fullness.
You’ll also actively support the team’s development and career progression whilst simultaniously driving your own.
Addittionally, you'll need to provide a variety of solution developments and build activities in line with the services we provide - with a focus on analysing how the systems and processes work, as well as providing testing and technical assistance
- You'll ensure that service delivery is consistent with business needs and user requirements, with a keen focus on quality in line with design & build standards
- You'll be a champion of Continual Service Improvement, proactively striving to improve the business we operate within and the services we provide
- With an ever growing Programme of Work, you'll be assigned initiatives to deliver from your team, liaising with third parties as well as all areas within LGIM and the wider L&G Group
- You'll be engaged at all stages of the project & service lifecycle, with the opportunity to see process/system changes right the way through from design to early life support, using your experience & knowledge to ensure the best results for our customers.
- You'll be comfortable in building good working relationships with your team and diverse key stakeholders, and be readily able to understand and relay technical jargon into meaningful communications to support business decisions. - ensuring a common understanding amongst both business colleagues and technical areas
- You'll need good experience of managing a team of developers – completing peer reviews, driving & shaping coding standards
- You should have a good knowledge of developing systems using MS Access, MS Excel, VBA, SQL, C#, Visual Studio and .Net frameworks
- You should be able to analyse issues and provide options for resolution
- You'll good attention to detail
- Being able to define/design/build/deliver change will be important
- The ability to travel to other L&G locations is key
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Anastasia Jurcenko at Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anastasiajurcenko/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.