Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Java Engineer
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
31 May 2021
Do you want to collaborate with colleagues within various business areas? Are you a Java expert? Have you worked in Investment/fund management or Institutional Banking? In this amazing role, you will work within our Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) team on multiple projects. This team are responsible for developing integration solutions for Enterprise and External Systems throughout the organisation using microservices, they also look after some devops tasks and a small element of 3rd line support.
- Implementing features, enhancements and improvements to Java-based applications in an agile environment
- Designing robust and scalable systems using microservice and event-based architectures
- Taking ownership for delivering your changes from test through to production environments by utilising CD deployment pipelines
- Coaching your team to consider potential weaknesses or breaks in all system interactions
- Ensure the codebase stays at a high standard by participating in code reviews, writing unit tests, refactoring and security hardening
- Collaborating with business analysts, QA engineers, users and production services to ensure solutions are fit for purpose
- It’s essential that you’ve worked in Investment/Fund management or Institutional Banking
- It goes without saying, we need you to be an excellent communicator and you’ll be able to work with both business and technical teams
- You’ll have worked on a microservices environment like Red Hat OpenShift and have an understanding of EAI patterns and/or event based systems design
- You will be comfortable in making sure a robust risk and compliance-aware culture is promoted at all times
- We need you to have experience working with these tools: Java, Spring Boot, Docker/Kubernetes (Openshift), AWS or another Cloud platform, GIT, Maven, Jenkins or another CI/CD tool, SQL, JDBC and Hibernate
- The following skill will be beneficial as well: Apache Camel, Angular, BDD, Cucumber, Trace Financial Transformer
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.