Find your next role at Legal & General
Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
31 May 2021
Do you enjoy a fast paced highly agile environment? In this role, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to implement our automate-first engineering test strategy! You’ll need to understand our entire cross functional test framework, and you will strive towards developing a single shared test framework and toolkit. You’ll need to hit the ground running and collaborate with colleagues in order to understand different aspects of Legal and General’s business. You will be able to use the suite of tools we have developed, in order to design and develop automated tests.
- Developing code for the implementation of our automation-first test strategy
- Understanding the entire cross functional test framework including all manual and automated testing
- Developing code in accordance to our development policies, standards and lifecycle
- Collaborating with other team members to make sure testing disciplines and standards are met in order to deliver change effectively and improve
- Adhering to test strategy, constantly meeting documentation standards
- You’ll hold experience in implementing automated testing
- Naturally you will have worked in a highly agile environment previously – as we are very agile
- It goes without saying you will hold some experience in low level test design and implementation, including unit, end-to-end, regression and non-functional testing scenarios
- We need you to have worked with Java, Cucumber, SOAtest, SoapUI, Selenium WebDriver Jenkins, Maven, GitHub
- It would be advantageous if you’ve worked with Python and SQL, however we would still love to hear from you if you have not
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.