- Role Type
- Closing Date
The Data Engineer role has been created to design, create, develop, troubleshoot data pipelines through ETL and ELT and streaming which feeds our advance analytics processes. As well as to supply visualisations that provide knowledge to the organisation.
- Plan and achieve sprint tasks from which the technical solutions will be created. These solutions will mean that the business can identify commercial opportunities or understand why they are needed
- Support the data visualisation and data pipelines, ensuring that the services are up to date and the business can rely on them
- Input into and manage our data artefacts, which will include planning, task completion, unit testing, peer review, release, meta data, data modelling and deployment. This will ensure that the right controls have been applied whilst maintaining the accuracy of our process’s and controls to maintain quality of work
- Attend DataOps Design Authority meetings to provide input to our data value delivery methods. This will enable operational efficiency and foster collaboration
- Responsible for the creation and input of meta data to sufficient levels, which will assist the business in understanding what they are able to do with it and give literacy
- To convert user stories to technical tasks, translating the business goal to a technical one, allowing the delivery of a technical solution
- To use a number of modern data platform tools set up in an agile delivery method to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud
- Degree or higher education qualification in relevant subjects will be an advantage
- Proven track record of delivering data engineering solutions including ETL development, data streaming, data Integration and analytics
- Ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is essential
- Ability to demonstrate the communication of complex data management issues to non-technical stakeholders a prerequisite
- Knowledge of modern data paradigms within the cloud in order to enable a business to maximise its value from data
- Wherescape, SSIS, ADF, Snowflake, PowerBI, Tableau, RBDMS: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress , Databricks, Kafka, DataIQ and QuerySurge, Jenkins
- Proven data, analytics and engineering experience
- Demonstrates logical and lateral thinking considering all angles in their decision making
- Communicates clearly and logically using "story telling techniques" simple language and visuals to suit the audience
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.