Pension Service Specialist
- Role Type
- Up to 21,000
- Closing Date
We're looking for a Pension Service Specialist to join our Corporate Services Team in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will have exposure to external companies, our relationship managers and the wider team. So if you have a good eye for detail, enjoy building relationships and can work within required timelines, then this could be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will be managing a number of specific pension schemes with regards to their payroll information and ensuring that information is correct and that the payments are processed. You’ll build relationships with those schemes and their allocated relationship managers. There will be phone and administration requirements within the role to allow you to support the schemes and ensure the required deadlines are met.
We'll be looking for you to:
- Deliver an outstanding customer service to our customers and clients by making sure you identify the customers’ needs and assess their expectations, respond accurately and with the best solution for them, owning customer escalations to ensure their positive experience. Whilst making sure their enquiry has been answered, seeking feedback on how you could improve and share best practice with your colleagues.
- Proactively spot patterns in the hopes or frustrations of our customers and clients, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or products to improve their experience. Where applicable seek support of colleagues to develop solutions to customer service issues
- Use your training, knowledge, skills and provided guidance material to follow processes and use systems to give our customers and clients a positive experience whilst keeping us safe and compliant with our regulators.
- Provide customers with a first class experience every time in order to Treat Customers Fairly and promote customer satisfaction. Analyse customer feedback and significantly improve the customer service by demonstrating role model behaviour
- Collaborate with your colleagues and put your colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
- When things go wrong put things right, find out what happened and what can be done to stop it from happening again, logging the incident, identify trends and share your findings, solutions and reasons with your colleagues.
- Understand and adhere to pension and internal compliance regulations and in the identification of regulatory and financial risks, breaches and complaints. Ensure you operate in a compliant manner regarding suspicious transactions and all incidents are logged and reported in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for your own development and ensure that you keep your pension knowledge and industry awareness current and relevant.
- A background in Pensions or Financial Services would be desirable
- The ability to take ownership and deliver the outcomes required against time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to use in house systems as well as the Microsoft suite of products (Excel/Word/365)
- Good attention to detail
- Be able to work collaboratively and build good working relationships
- Share best practice and ideas whilst building trust and respect with others.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality work for our customers and clients
- Demonstrate excellent listening and questioning techniques
- Be able to record and report customer information, including feedback whilst adhering to all regulatory requirements
- Customer Service experience is essential including experience of Vulnerable Customers and the handling of customer complaints
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
For any further information, please contact Christine.Mitchell@landg.com
Working hours for this position would be Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
We have a comprehensive training program for this position and there is also the ability to take role relevant qualifications.
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.