Senior DevOps Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Legal & General Insurance are undertaking a 5 year transformation program which will see many of its legacy applications re-written, re-factored and migrated from on-premise data centres to Cloud hosted. This role will play a key part in the design and build of CI/CD pipelines, along with infrastructure/application build and deployments to support this multi-million pound strategic program.
- Taking on technical ownership of LGI Azure Cloud Environments and technical resources
- Working closely with the Network, IT Security and Compliance team as well as the Cloud Architect to build and maintain the Azure cloud environments.
- Working closely with the development teams, Operations, Security and Architects to build and maintain the Application deployment pipelines and to ensure all solutions are Secure by Design and Secure in Practice.
- Create and maintain the documentations for knowledge sharing and training
- Able to act as a master trouble shooter and SME in configuration management
- Support the DevOps and Cloud adoption for our application teams and review current and proposed architecture and design deliverables
- Work with business stakeholders to identify strategic cloud adoption requirements
- Executes POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
- Work closely with IT Security, Compliance, and Risk Teams to ensure all solutions are Secure by Design and Secure in Practice.
- Work with Scrum masters and product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied to our Cloud estate
- Strong technical skills in Building and Maintaining Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Must be technically Hands-on and has track record of building/provisioning large and complex Azure Cloud environments
- Good understanding and usage of Azure Foundations and Scaffolding
- Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Connectivity
- Azure Networking (Express Route, Virtual Networks, ASG / NSG, Azure Firewall)
- Azure Active Directory, Identity Management, RBAC, AAD Connect
- Azure SQL - PaaS Databases and Managed Instance
- Azure Virtual Machines, Storage provisioning and configurations
- Azure BLOB, Data Factory and PaaS Storage provisioning
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016
- Linux VM in Azure
- DNS, UDR, Traffic Manager setup
- Azure Automation with PowerShell and ARM Templates, Preferably Terraform or Ansible.
- Technical skills in Devops and CI/CD
- Jenkins experience with Pipeline as a code
- Docker experience
- Kubernetes/AKS – (Standalone/Managed)
- Source Control - Bitbucket/GIT
- Agile Planning – Jira, Confluence
- Build Tools - Maven, Gradle
- Code Coverage/Scan - SONAR
- Code repository - Artifactory
- Virtualisation essential
- Capacity planning
- Security Configurations
- Azure Security centre, Log analytics and Azure monitor
- Azure update management, End point protection and Antimalware/Antivirus solutions
- Azure Network IP design and configurations
- Experience in building a Web DMZ/Gateway is a plus
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- High standard of documentation
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Azure Cost / billing management
- Self-motivation towards personal development
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 27 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landgcom.