Senior Financial Model Developer C++ (12 months fixed term)
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- London, Moorgate
- Closing Date
The Senior Financial Model Developer in the DevOps team will help to understand new business requirements, challenge them and shape their final form. Their experience, both in modelling and coding, will drive the software design resulting in a product that is robust and flexible to accommodate future requirements. The role will drive and contribute to providing the business with tools and edge to better understand the numbers produced by the models used in the Solvency II Internal Model as well as in ALM and Liquidity Risk Management.
This opportunity is available on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
In LGR Institutional, we work with companies to help them honour their pension promises to their employees, by securing their pension scheme members’ benefits with us.
The DevOps team within the Business Technology and Transformation department, combines cultural practices and tools to deliver services at high velocity evolving and improving products at faster than other organisations using traditional development and management processes.
- You will provide designs and assist with the business requirements gathering of risk management analytics functionality
- Lead the steering of requirements for Business Unit what-if requests and action these using the AlgoOne system, suggest innovative ways to implement model requests
- Ensure analysis and requirements are detailed enough to implement solutions right first time, track changes to requirements and impact analysis to timings and plans. Own and drive business analysis of changes to modelling within LGRI DevOps
- Help integration engineers develop customised solutions and modules in a range of development tools
- Implement reporting models and tools, and steer internal groups to deriving new pricing and risk management algorithms and approaches
- Degree level or higher, in a technical or numerate field
- Strong knowledge of mathematical modelling
- Extensive experience in modelling of financial instruments and risk management
- Strong C++ Programming
- Python or C# also preferred
- Good Data Science capabilities
- Proven history of good software design
- Excellent writing, communication and relationship management skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
For further information please contact Anastasia Jurcenko on Anastasia.Jurcenko@landg.com.