Digital Marketing Consultant
- Role Type
- £27,000 to £33,000 Dependent on experience
- Closing Date
This Digital Marketing Consultant role will appeal to someone who has a passion for delivering results and producing effective acquisition digital marketing campaigns and, as part of a great team, is prepared to take on the challenge of working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Working alongside the wider Digital Marketing team to deliver of digital marketing acquisition campaigns for all digital channels included but not limited to; PPC, Affiliates, Social Media and Programmatic Display across L&Gs Life Insurance product range.
1. To implement monthly digital marketing campaigns for L&G Direct to achieve new business sales volumes and APE (Annual Premium Equivalent) targets within Cost per Sale, Ratio and New Business Vale Add targets.
- Production of annual campaign plans, budgets and sales forecasts. Updating plans with actuals on a monthly basis and producing quarterly reforecasts in line with the quarterly planning cycle.
- Development and implementation of monthly channel plans.
- Implementation of monthly marketing campaigns on time and within budget.
- Focus on delivering robust test and learn initiatives to increase the value from marketing.
- Ensure that the digital acquisition campaigns are integrated with offline channels to produce co-ordinated activity and better commercial outcomes.
- Co-ordinate the analysis of marketing campaigns and adjust plans accordingly.
- Manage the creative development and delivery process to include internal approvals of all customer-facing comms.
- Ensure that all digital marketing is appealing and integrated with ATL comms, offline comms and the customer journey and is within brand guidelines, clear, fair and not misleading and can be easily understood by the intended target audience and written within regulatory framework.
- Effective management of external agencies.
- Develop a good working relationship with the wider Insurance Marketing and L&G Direct teams to ensure effective development and implementation of campaign activity.
2. Manage costs and campaign budgets;
- Cost leadership, continually review campaign costs and processes to drive down unit costs and improve efficiency.
- Raise POs
- Payment of invoices
- Monthly accruals
- Budget tracking to enable weekly cost analysis.
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered within given annual budgets.
3. To work effectively with the wider Marketing team and the L&G Direct team, including the support areas (Optimisation, Web Analytics, Transformation, Customer Value & Insight, Call Centre, Group Digital & Brand) Advertising & Media agencies, Product areas, Print suppliers, Advertising Standards and Compliance to deliver campaigns.
4. Manage and analyse campaign activity, forecasts and other inputs. Adjust plans and optimise campaigns in the light of results and other insights.
5. Approvals and compliant compliance and brand sign-off.
6. To maintain knowledge and a clear understanding of the financial services market place and communicate any identified opportunities or threats, as relevant. Scan the competitive environment regularly to ensure awareness is maintained
- Experience in performance marketing, managing and reporting on key metrics and ROI
- Proven campaign management and delivery of digital marketing campaigns preferably from a financial services background but not essential.
- Experienced in using analytics tools like Adobe
- A good understanding of what motivates a customer to consider and then go on to buy Life Insurance Direct
- Ability to develop innovative yet functional solutions
- An ability to work independently using own initiative to establish facts, consider the options and communicate solutions in keeping with business objectives.
- A team player who takes an active part in delivering the overall team objectives and is able to communicate clearly and confidently with internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Ability to influence, communicate clearly, persuasively and effectively with other business areas when drafting and submitting marketing communications for sign off.
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements impacting digital marketing of Financial Services products and Brand standards is also desirable such that compliant and compelling digital marketing can be developed
Ability to analyse and interpret performance data to explain campaign performance and to optimise to drive better commercial outcomes
Ability to manage and deliver monthly campaigns
Ability to develop innovative yet functional solutions to campaign development.
An ability to work independently using own initiative to establish facts, consider the options and communicate solutions in keeping with business objectives.
To be a team player and take an active part in delivering the overall team objectives. Consider others and being aware of the effect of own behaviour on other.
Be able to communicate clearly and confidently with internal colleagues and external businesses. To cover written, oral and presentation skills but at all times clear, concise, accurate and timely. Ability to influence and persuade particularly in relation to approvals.
A keen attention to detail, checking work or supporting data for errors or omissions
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information please contact Reesa Berry, Resourcing Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.