Find your next role at Legal & General
Capital Reporting Actuary
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
19 March 2021
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is currently recruiting for a Capital Reporting Actuary to manage the delivery of effective, efficient and accurate Solvency II reporting. You will be working within a fast paced, dynamic environment with fresh challenges. You will provide financial results of metrics, supporting analysis and commentary on a timely basis and to appropriate level of quality and disseminate financial information in an effective manner, ensuring its presentation and analysis meet the wide background and experience of customer base.
Financial Metrics Delivery:
- The key requirements include managing the production of the quarterly as well as ad-hoc recalculation of the SCR and the validation and analysis of the internal model results. Additionally accountabilities include but are not limited to analysis of impacts from internal model changes, calibration and validation of the capital pricing model, stress and scenario testing on the capital position and internal model approach reviews.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- You will represent LGRI Finance for Solvency II capital related MI within the organisation. Building and maintaining effective relationships for stakeholders including, but not limited to, other teams in Finance, Risk, Group Actuarial and internal model governance committees. Present and disseminate Solvency II capital results, incorporating specialist supporting analysis and commentary for reporting metrics.
Management and Planning:
- You will own the effective prioritisation and scheduling of activities required for business as usual reporting, analysis, and process developments and allocate resources to meet ad hoc requests.
- You will work with Actuarial Transformation and Group Actuarial to identify, prioritise, develop and implement process and methodology changes to improve the sophistication and accuracy of the internal model and its results and analyses.
Process management and improvement:
- You will own the continual development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems, processes and methodologies, ensuring that they are robust and that risks are assessed and appropriately controlled. Support the strategic direction for the team’s reporting systems, processes and methodologies and take responsibility for reviewing process flows and wastage within models to identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.People Management
- Lead, manage, motivate, utilise and develop employees at grades 1 to 4, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Typically you will be a qualified actuary with experience in the life insurance industry.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Solvency II reporting metrics in particular the SCR
- Understanding of the matching adjustment an added bonus
- Knowledge of the UK pension risk transfer market would be an advantage
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Please contact Reesa Berry, Resourcing Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Reesa Berry at Reesa.Berry@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reesaberry/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.