Financial Reporting Accountant
- Role Type
- £49,000 to £53,000, plus attractive benefits package
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
Legal & General Capital (LGC) is the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group. Investing from Legal & General’s principal balance sheet, LGC’s purpose is to generate long-term value by injecting new capital into three key sectors: Housing, Infrastructure and SME Finance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Job Duties
LGC’s financial reporting and control team was formed in July 2019 and is led by the Head of Financial Reporting and Control, LGC, who reports into the divisional CFO. It delivers financial reporting for the division whilst ensuring an appropriate financial control framework is in place. The team provides close support to other teams within LGC Finance, L&G Group, investee company finance teams and the Direct Investment teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Production of both the monthly financial reporting for Legal & General Capital Investments Limited (LGCIL) and the consolidated reporting of the division’s quarterly results:
- Ensuring the accuracy of monthly and quarterly ledger postings
- Preparation of reconciliations and other control documentation in line with group requirements
- Quarterly consolidation and validation of the division’s results into the group’s internal and external reporting
- Review of holding company monthly reporting submissions
- Assisting subsidiary entities with their submissions into the L&G Group consolidation, and assisting other L&G Finance teams with LGC financial information
- Entity expense reporting
- Preparation of accounting papers for review committees
- Liaison with group teams (including Tax and Legal) to support cross-entity transactions
Production of IFRS statutory accounts for LGCIL and related holding company entities:
- drafting the statutory accounts of LGCIL
- Assistance with and review of statutory accounts of LGCIL holding company entities
- dealing with auditor queries
Assistance with the roll-out and maintenance of standardised financial control processes and procedures to ensure a strong, robust financial governance framework:
- Maintenance of control documentation
- Assistance with the implementation and maintenance of the division’s financial and accounting policies, and support of the group’s implementation of new financial control frameworks and accounting policies
People management for 1 junior staff (graduate) in the financial reporting team:
- The role includes line management of one junior part-qualified staff member, ensuring their development and overseeing the quality of their output
- Skills Required
- Newly qualified ACA/ ACCA
- Strong accounting and statutory reporting experience (IFRS)
- Familiarity with financial control environments and accounting systems
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of working in complex financial control environment with multiple entities and consolidations would be useful
- Experience of operating in robust financial control framework
- Experience of working to tight external reporting deadlines, ideally in large corporate teams
- Line management of one junior staff member
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.